This CENTER SWITCH PLINTH (plate) with Non-locking steering column
1967 to 1969 Triumph TR250, TR5, and TR6.
- This Plinth has five (5) holes for the heater controls, ignition switch
- Engineered heavy gage metal frame that supports the pad & includes a preventive rust coating
- Features hand trimmed edges with extra surrounding vinyl providing a seamless transition underneath your wood dashboard
- Filled with white crash absorbent foam
- Thickness, Shape, Form and contours match the Original factory part
- Correct Color and Grain
- Strong detailed vacuum Definition
- Intricately Hand Trimmed
The nut plate tab is not required for a sturdy remounting with the use of heavy-duty screws
- The controls do an excellent job in holding the Plinth in place
This Plinth has been vacuum formed with our Black Vinyl over the entire front allowing you the owner to customize your switches or use the original factory configuration.
Since 1981 we have had a custom black vinyl formulation to match the original British interior.
Note: Both the TR250 & the TR6 CENTER SWITCH PLINTH are absolutely identical from the front. The only difference between the two is the metal punch holes for the switches. The TR6 has 4 holes the TR250 has 5 holes.
Other aftermarket manufactures have used low-cost knock off injection molding.Their metal frame is thin and has no preventive rust coating. With open pre-punched holes you cannot customize their Plinth. They have no extra surrounding vinyl to provide a seamless fit under the surrounding wood dashboard seams and use much harder density black foam, which may not absorb the shock like the original.